A delicious dish that is a must-try for anyone - this is a vegan dish that will really tickle those tastebuds!
A wonderful recipe from Hampshire based Heena from Heena’s Kitchen. Known across Hampshire for her fresh, homemade and healthy meals delivered direct to the door, Heena only started cooking professionally when friend’s non-stop requests gave her the oomph to start her own business.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 potato
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- ½ tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin & coriander
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Cut the cauliflower florets into 1inch pieces. Then cut potatoes in to small pieces and lightly chop the coriander.
- Prepare everything else so that all ingredients are at hand and you are ready to cook.
- Heat the oil in the pan so it’s hot, then with the lid in your hand add the mustard seeds. Put the lid on quickly and let it pop for about 30 seconds.
- Add the fenugreek seeds and cover for another 30 seconds.
- Put the heat on low for 1-minute then add the cauliflower, potato, salt, water, turmeric powder, chili powder and ground cumin & coriander. Stir it together, put the lid on and let it simmer on medium heat for another 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and simmer for another 10 minutes with the lid on (if it begins to stick to the pan add a little water).
- Take it off the heat and stir in the chopped coriander.
- Serve with plain yogurt and rice or naan