Burgers with Smoky Cheese & Sweetcorn Salsa19.6.2018
An easy to make burger delight! BBQ your burgers to get that lovely, smokey flavour.
If you’re looking for a burger with a difference, look no further than this tasty recipe from Waitrose.
These burgers are also great with a crispy rasher or two of Waitrose Sweetcured Mesquite Smoked Streaky Bacon.
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 4 Heston from Waitrose Brioche Burger Buns, halved
- 2 x 342g packs Gourmet Burger Kitchen British Beef Burgers
- 120g Applewood Smoke Flavoured Cheddar Cheese, sliced
- 4 tbsp dijonnaise
- 4 leaves round lettuce
- 1 slicing tomato, thickly sliced
- Handful chopped coriander
- Heat a griddle pan or barbecue to a high heat. Rub the corn with ½ tbsp oil, then season and char on all sides for about 15 minutes. Cool slightly, then slice off the kernels and mix in a bowl with the chilli, lime, honey and red onion. Season and set aside. Briefly griddle the bun halves until charred; set aside.
- Brush the burgers with the remaining ½ tbsp oil and season. Barbecue or griddle on one side for 7 minutes, then flip and cook for a further 4 minutes. Top each with a slice of cheese and cook for 3 minutes more (covering with a domed pan lid will help the cheese to melt). Ensure the burgers are thoroughly cooked with no pink meat; set aside to rest for a few minutes.
- To build the burgers, spread 1 tbsp of dijonnaise on the bottom half of each bun. Top each with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 slice of tomato, then the burger. Stir the coriander through the salsa and spoon on top of the burgers, finishing with the bun lids.