Gluten-free Breakfast Muffins15.10.2018
A fantastic #glutenfree recipe that makes a delicious breakfast.
This great recipes comes courtesy of Waitrose. These muffins are also great with sun-dried tomatoes too. Chop up 3 or 4, and add with the spinach.
- 235g bag washed spinach
- 350g Schär Gluten Free Mix It! Flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp English mustard powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Baking Powder
- 3 British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
- 150g natural yogurt
- 150g unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 salad onions, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C, gas mark 4; line a muffin tin with 9 cases. Put the spinach in a colander and pour over a kettle full of just-boiled water to wilt. Rinse the spinach under the cold tap, then squeeze out as much water as you can and dry between sheets of kitchen paper. Roughly chop.
- Mix the flour, salt, mustard powder, cayenne pepper and baking powder in a large bowl. Beat the eggs in a jug, then stir in the yogurt and melted butter. Add a grind of black pepper. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and whisk in the wet ingredients until completely combined. Fold in the chopped, wilted spinach, feta and salad onions.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffi n cases. Bake for 30-35 minutes, covering with foil if they brown too quickly, until golden. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.