Mulligatawny Chicken Soup20.12.2017
A healthy, filling soup for the whole family to enjoy.
A delicious, warming soup that can either be served as a starter or on its own.
- 11/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 1 celery stick, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 white potatoes, diced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1.5 litres hot chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 100g natural yogurt, plus extra to serve
- Coriander, roughly chopped, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and chicken for 5 minutes until the onion has softened. Stir in the celery, carrots, potatoes and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the tomatoes are pulpy.
- Stir in the stock and curry paste, bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the meat is cooked through with no pink meat.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Ladle half the soup into a jug and add the chutney and yogurt. Using a handheld stick blender, whizz the soup in the jug until coarsely puréed and add back to the pan. Ladle into 4 bowls and serve topped with a spoonful of yogurt and scattering of coriander leaves.